When I go to work in the morning, I observe the people around me – some on the streets, some in their cars, some crossing the road.
Invariably, I see sad/gloomy expressions on their faces. It is extremely depressing.
I understand that everyone has stress, everyone has things to worry about, responsibilities to take care of, chores to complete but that doesn’t mean people become gloomy right in the morning.
I believe in the concept of ‘A happy morning’ – something that brightens your day – and infuses more energy in you for the rest of the day.
I believe you have the world to conquer only if you believe so.
So what,if your boss does not understand you, so what if your kids are moving out of the house, so what if you did not meet the deadline yesterday – Can you gather the strength to start the morning afresh – by believing in yourself and your abilities?
Can you do this not just for yourself but for everyone around you? So that you pass on good vibes.
There was only one guy I saw on the road this morning who was biking to office and smiling. I felt good.
Some positive things you can do in the morning include:
- Listen to music/not news.
- Have a good breakfast – “no matter what.”
- Read something positive – a quote – a story – a comic strip.
- Look at the sunrise and believe in the new day.
- Bike to work.
- Don’t think about work right in the morning. You are anyways going to do it soon.
- Think about something good you did the previous day.
- Acknowledge one strength you have.
- ****Think of something creative you are going to do today. (Outside of your work)****
- Carry a smile.
Happiness and sadness are part of life. However, every morning, we have the opportunity to choose one of the two – it depends on you.
Choose happiness and peace. Spread it right in the morning. The world needs it. A lot. Gather the strength to start afresh – each day, everyday.